Parks & Recreation
The Anamosa Park Board meets every 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM in the Lawrence Community Center. These meetings are subject to Iowa Open Meeting Law and the public is welcome to attend.
Meeting agendas, minutes, and information packets are available at the links provided. New documents will be uploaded the Friday before each monthly meeting.
The Role of Park Boards
- Advocate for the Parks and Recreation Department in the community and advocate for the community as a member of the park board.
- Plan for future park development.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the parks and recreation department.
- Develop policies and monitor the effectiveness of those policies.
- Hire and evaluate the parks and recreation director.
Joining the Park Board
New members of the Park and Recreation Board are recommended by the acting board members to the Mayor. Candidates are then selected by the Mayor for appointment by the Anamosa City Council.
Interested in Joining?
Eligible residents may fill out a Board Consideration Application at any time and turn it in to the Anamosa City Hall or the Lawrence Community Center front desk. Applications will be reviewed when a seat becomes vacant.